100 High Hat Trim Retro Fit

Status
Not open for further replies.

whofrankw

I have a job where i need to change out 100 high hat trims to led. Im going to use Cree trims which are about $17 dollars and ill mark up a little and thinking about charging $10 bucks to change per trim. 6 require a 16 foot a frame and ill charge about 250 to bring that ladder to the job. Am I about accurate with my estimate? I thinking with upacking clean up i can change at least 8 and hour hopefully much faster.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Don't forget transporting all those kits and the removed items, and disposal.

Charge for the ladder as if you had to rent and transport it there and back, too.

ceb58

I have a job where i need to change out 100 high hat trims to led. Im going to use Cree trims which are about $17 dollars and ill mark up a little and thinking about charging $10 bucks to change per trim. 6 require a 16 foot a frame and ill charge about 250 to bring that ladder to the job. Am I about accurate with my estimate? I thinking with upacking clean up i can change at least 8 and hour hopefully much faster.
Just on the 16 footers you are looking at about an hour and half to just complete them. Moving ladder, climbing to change just going to take longer for those.

James L

Occupation
Electrician
$10.00 is not enough, imo
What happens if you have to warranty any?
What happens if you have any issues?

If cost is $17 each, that's $19 after tax. Add in the shopping time, too. And some markup.

I would charge $15 labor for standard locations, and $25 or $30 each up high

whofrankw

thanks for the input guys. sometimes the easy jobs turn to be the hardest. I like to use cree because they look nice and adapt to pretty much every can.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
I had to change about 40 recently. 10’ ceilings, and I did it by myself in maybe an hour. You should be able to knock it out in a day.

Btw mine was replacing LED with LED, so I know that sped up the replacement some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
what did you charge

Didn’t charge anything on that one. It was a warranty issue. It was a house I wired for a friend, and the Satco trims I sold had an issue where the trim ring was falling off; about 6 in the first year. Complained to the Satco rep about it and they said no one else was having that problem. Found out from my supplier he had warrantied a couple hundred of them, so I made them warranty replace all of these I sold with an updated design. No problems since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.