100A 30 ckt panel labor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstrlucky74

Looking for some feed back on approximate time you think it would take you to mount this panel( mounted on strut) and tag, lace and terminate(all 1p-20a breakers) wires. My database and historical data give me 10 hours. Thanks.

Looking for some feed back on approximate time you think it would take you to mount this panel( mounted on strut) and tag, lace and terminate(all 1p-20a breakers) wires. My database and historical data give me 10 hours. Thanks.

pretty vague....Is this replacing an existing? service panel? how many circuits, all 30? what is the wiring method? what is the feeder? etc....10 hours seems like a lot for most situations.

macmikeman

pretty vague....Is this replacing an existing? service panel? how many circuits, all 30? what is the wiring method? what is the feeder? etc....10 hours seems like a lot for most situations.

Go with 4-5 and drink a red bull. Pretty soon some tough guy will show up here and say it should be an hour and a half.....

kwired

Electron manager
Is it one task of a much larger project or is it essentially the only task of the project?

Larger project you likely have already covered some of the preparations and clean up with other portions of the overall project.

If installing this panel is the only major aspect of the project - you may very well have more then the 10 hours in not so obvious tasks that must still happen.

growler

If your histroical data says that it will take 10 hours then that is a good estimate. Now if it takes 14 man hours to do this one for some reason then your historical data will change somewhat for the next one.

When I look at a job I try to look for everything that can possibly slow things down from the average time. If I have to park a half mile from where the panel is to be installed and it takes and hour to get inside because of security or waiting for a freight elevator then this is not an average job.

cdslotz

Sounds right to me....4 hours to mount the panel + 30 breakers terminated x .20 = 6 hours....for a total of 10 hrs

kwired

Electron manager
So that turns out to be like 1 hour per mounting screw/bolt?
Trying to dis-assemble something that is rusted/corroded without destroying it- that is sometimes not enough time:D

Labor units - if this is one panel in a large project some of the preparation time, materials handling, waste disposal, etc., may be somewhat combined with other items/tasks making what labor specifically applies to this one panel less then if the entire project were to install just this one panel. The time to mount the panel, land the supply conductors and wire up the branch breakers stays about the same either way.

If you were doing 20 of the same panel with same branch circuits on 20 different floors or in 20 apartments or something like that - the repetition of tasks factor probably makes the first one go slower then the last one.

cdslotz

Trying to dis-assemble something that is rusted/corroded without destroying it- that is sometimes not enough time:D

Labor units - if this is one panel in a large project some of the preparation time, materials handling, waste disposal, etc., may be somewhat combined with other items/tasks making what labor specifically applies to this one panel less then if the entire project were to install just this one panel. The time to mount the panel, land the supply conductors and wire up the branch breakers stays about the same either way.

If you were doing 20 of the same panel with same branch circuits on 20 different floors or in 20 apartments or something like that - the repetition of tasks factor probably makes the first one go slower then the last one.

My labor unit of 10 hrs would still be the same, except on multiple floors, everything is factored up, each floor you go up

Status
Not open for further replies.