12 Plex

Status
Not open for further replies.

solaeros

[/SIZE]
I was asked to bid this 12 plex "see print" this is bigger than anything I've bid before and the job would be about 80 miles out of town. any help you guys can give on bidding this would be appreciated. Should I look into an estimator for help? how many Men do you think it would take? I was thinking 3 guys could keep up. View attachment 1884

View attachment 1885

480sparky

Take your standard resi bid and deduct the service.

Each 'level' has two units, mirror images of each other.

Price one, and multiply by 2.

Repeat for second floor.

Calculate service & feeders.

Add it all up.

solaeros

Any tips on how I should structure my Bid? Generally with the Contrator that most of my work is with I charge about 65% of bid after completing the rough-in and the remaining 35% after trim-out is complete. This job would be too drawn out for that system to work. Where I'm unfamiliar with this GC I feel like they should make a preliminary payment with possibly monthy installlments until C.O.?

480sparky

If it's a new builder to you:

1. Require a deposit due at signing of contract. Nothing huge.... 5% maybe.

2. As long as you've got people on the job, require weekly or bi-weekly progress payments.

quogueelectric

Sorry I just wrote a whole novel about the pitfalls in a 12 plex (Movie Theatre) Then I went back and looked at the prints and saw a tub.... Oh No! I am so embarased.

rlane00

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I just finished bidding a 12-plex so a couple of thoughts:
1. Don't forget any common area lighting/power
2. Don't forget power for fire alarm panel, fire dampers and exit/emergency lights
3. My experience is that electrical service is on one side of the building, and the water comes in the other side, so long runs for bonding.
4. As for manpower - obviously it all depends on their required schedule. We are expected to complete the rough-in in 7 days and the trim in 4 days. This will probably take about 6-7 guys for rough-in, and 3-4 for trim.
5. Regarding billing - we get 75% at rough, and 25% on trim. Since the schedule is so fast we don't have to worry about progress billing.

Hope this helps.

mivey

quogueelectric said:
Sorry I just wrote a whole novel about the pitfalls in a 12 plex (Movie Theatre) Then I went back and looked at the prints and saw a tub.... Oh No! I am so embarased.
A 3-minute novel? You are fast.:grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.