12 thhn not in conduit for LO VO lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sierrasparky

Occupation
Electrician ,contractor
Hey,
Is it permissable to use 12 thhn no conduit directly from a 12v trans. The trans does have OC protection. Fished in non crawl attic space.

Sierrasparky

Occupation
Electrician ,contractor
Here is a thread on that subject.
Yea I remember I posted there. The reason I ask is because I was just repairing lighting in a Chain store where a lot of the Low Voltage lights were out. I looked up in ceiling and it looked like there were some new trap doors installed. I asked the MGR if someone was recently doing work , they of course denied and said NO!

Well lo and behold there were LoVo transformers just sitting up there not secured about 20LBs each. The switches were off.

This store was permited and only 2-3 years old.
I thought maybe I was missing something!

Jim W in Tampa

Yea I remember I posted there. The reason I ask is because I was just repairing lighting in a Chain store where a lot of the Low Voltage lights were out. I looked up in ceiling and it looked like there were some new trap doors installed. I asked the MGR if someone was recently doing work , they of course denied and said NO!

Well lo and behold there were LoVo transformers just sitting up there not secured about 20LBs each. The switches were off.

This store was permited and only 2-3 years old.
I thought maybe I was missing something!

You missed nothing other than either a trained manager named SHULTZ or a new manager that has no clue about last week. They all play the game of stupid, thinking it gets them off the hook. Just do what ever it takes and he / she will sign the bill.They will never ever admit to knowing anything that might make them look stupid or part of anything that went south. Seen plenty that would save time if they talked.
Best i ever seen was a manager of a BIG LOTS placed service call ,front sign does not light up. Over an hour wasted beore told sign was removed for huricane damage over a year ago. Sign removed and reinstalled but not hooked up. Like WOW get a brain. Found tons of live wires with not even wire nuts just laying up there. Was enough live wires laying up there to call building department to inspect, RED TAG and condem building but didnt.Think twice when entering strip malls or flea markets you are often not as safe as you think.After the big CO anything might and will happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.