120/208/240 4 wire delta - Bonding sub panels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamespcboyd

Occupation
Training
Jamespcboyd: the Neutral and EGC should not terminate on the same grounding bar in a feeder panel all the feeder panels would terminate the same after the main service panel or disconnect enclosure.
It says your occupation is "Training" are you an electrical trainee or do you train people in another industry?
If your an electrical trainee, helper (or apprentice) I highly recommend owning a code handbook as it has helpful illustrations.
Mike Holt has a great grounding and bonding books, videos and classes, I have used them for years.
Here is a grounding pdf with some basics related to your question:
Yes I understand written a bit confusing..
On a 3 phase wye the neutral is not considered a current carrying conductor unless you have high harmonic loads. Ideally we'd have 139/240Y and connect all loads phase to phase, but we are "stuck" with what we have.

Regarding ground rods: They do not aid in opening a breaker. 25 ohms is much to high vs the 0.6 ohms needed to trip a 20 amp breaker.
Lol what exactly runs on 139 volts :) I can see 110 - 130 probably anything would run on.. led's might get a bit touchy with higher voltage.. all of you guys have been a tremendous help...

mbrooke

Batteries Included
Occupation
Technician
Lol what exactly runs on 139 volts :) I can see 110 - 130 probably anything would run on.. led's might get a bit touchy with higher voltage.. all of you guys have been a tremendous help...

Thats the point, nothing. The neutral is dispensed with everything running phase-phase >>>

1619508929412.png

Status
Not open for further replies.