150A square D powerpact H frame breaker with 100A Plug. Is it easy to change to 150A plug?

Cartoon1

Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Hello all. I have a 150A square D powerpact H frame breaker rated at 100A. The thermal magnetic type, link below.
To keep the breaker frame 150A and change the sensor (plug) to 150A. Cables already rated for 150A*.
Is that an easy process to do? and can it be done for this particular breaker? and what is a typical cost to it?

Thank you

jim dungar

Staff member
Occupation
PE (Retired) - Power Systems
Are you sure that is an electronic or adjustable style breaker? I thought they also came in a fixed trip thermal magnetic.

Cartoon1

Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Are you sure that is an electronic or adjustable style breaker? I thought they also came in a fixed trip thermal magnetic.
Sorry i selected the wrong one (that one is 125A plug). this is the correct one (150A frame with 100AMP).

jim dungar

Staff member
Occupation
PE (Retired) - Power Systems
I still think this is a fixed trip unit, it does not have a replaceable trip unit. I think you need one with a U31 suffix in order to be able to change its rating.

But it has been several years since I looked at a these part numbers.

hillbilly1

Occupation
Owner/electrical contractor
I still think this is a fixed trip unit, it does not have a replaceable trip unit. I think you need one with a U31 suffix in order to be able to change its rating.

But it has been several years since I looked at a these part numbers.
I think you’re right, usually when they are changeable, they have a latch release tab. I’ve never changed one on a Square D. But have on certain GE’s.