18/2 solid FPL for wet locations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have an idea what I can use for a fire panel data cable going from one building to another in an underground pvc conduit. Security company gave me FPL 18/2 solid cable to replace existing FPL cable that had a nick in it and filled with water. Guess they do not know about NEC 760.179. I can not seem to find 18/2 solid in wet location FPL or any of the CM substitutions. Aquaseal only comes in stranded.

dhalleron

It shouldn't need to be solid. Lake Cable and Genesis Cable both have direct burial fire cables that are stranded. So will Westpenn and some others.

nhfire77

TFFN/TEWN dual rated wire.

It comes in 16 and 18.

If you want a cable Try IMSA 20-1 cable. (its solid, wrapped in plastic with thick PVC jacket.

Technically not listed for interior fire alarm, but you will not have a water problem, for a very long time. I have personally used it a lot with great success.

Or.... honeywell genesis cable makes a black jacketed wet location cable. Don't know if they make it solid.

Dont put the FPL back in, as you probably already know, it will eventually get wet again and fail, again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.