2 - 4000 amp services

Status
Not open for further replies.

james wuebker

I'll try to make this short. Have a 35,000 sq. ft. building with a 4000 main switchgear. Going to add another 32,000 sq. ft. building to it. Remember this is going to be 1 big building. Want to install another 4000 amp main for this new building. The new building will have a new electrical room for it. Now have to move the transformer for the original building near the new electrical room for the new building. Can't build over the original transformer. We are going to put 2- 2500kva transformers there. One will feed the original 4000 main and will use the other to feed the new part of this building. Here's the question. From one of the new transformers, can I feed the wires directly to the original 4000 amp main for the first building? Or do I have to install another main in the new electrical room to feed this main. The original 4000 main will be in the building approx. 45' away from the outside of building to the new transformers. The second transformer will be used for the new 4000 main installed in the new electrical room for the new building. What to be sure on this. I'm thinking I don't have to install another main to feed the original 4000 main as long as I tag everything.

charlie

Re: 2 - 4000 amp services

You are correct. 230.2(C)(1) covers your problem nicely as long as the service conductors are considered outside the building in accordance with 230.6 to the disconnecting means that meets the requirements of 230.70(A)(1) and both service locations have identification in accordance with 230.2(E). :D

Status
Not open for further replies.