2 hour rated Emergency Feeders

Status
Not open for further replies.

mshields

A lighting control rep recently told me that as long as we were talking about a relay panel only and not a combination circuit breaker relay panel, we could run emergency circuits through the same panel as the normal. I think they do this by providing a barrier between those circuits used for Emergency and those that are used for Normal. Regardless, is this permissible per the code or do I have to have a separate relay panel for Emergency.

Thanks,

Mike

Shoe

I've done this before using the high-voltage barrier provided by the lighting panel manufacturer. It's definitely a gray area... best to check with the local inspector to be sure.

iwire

Staff member
A lighting control rep recently told me that as long as we were talking about a relay panel only and not a combination circuit breaker relay panel, we could run emergency circuits through the same panel as the normal. I think they do this by providing a barrier between those circuits used for Emergency and those that are used for Normal. Regardless, is this permissible per the code or do I have to have a separate relay panel for Emergency.

Thanks,

Mike

The section is for feeders, do you have feeders or do you have branch circuits?

Status
Not open for further replies.