2 poles 50 Amps breaker as a single Pole 50 Amps

Status
Not open for further replies.

baccardi

I'm working on a project using a Siemens Panel with HGB breaker type. I need to know if I can use a double pole 50A breakers to serve a single 240-volt 50 Amps circuit (Oven) Here in Africa. The Nominal voltage between Phase and neutral is 240V (240/380V) and the oven is 240 between phase and neutral.

mbrooke

Batteries Included
Occupation
Technician
I'm working on a project using a Siemens Panel with HGB breaker type. I need to know if I can use a double pole 50A breakers to serve a single 240-volt 50 Amps circuit (Oven) Here in Africa. The Nominal voltage between Phase and neutral is 240V (240/380V) and the oven is 240 between phase and neutral.

What is the breaker rated for?

If its rated 240 volts line to ground and has sufficient AIC then yes it will work without issue.

mbrooke

Batteries Included
Occupation
Technician

HGB breaker in link. The other pole will not care that its not used. Or, if you don't mind one circuit taking out the other you can put another 50amp circuit on the other pole.

https://www.allfuses.com/siemens-hgb2b030b

Status
Not open for further replies.