2" Rigid offset

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerseydaze

Here is my problem PSE&G wants me to use 2" Rigid over a roof of a dwelling unit (home)My problem is the faisher is large and juts out about 3" so I need a way to do this .I don't know where in north NJ I can rent a Bender I'm not buying one.versa bar is only 2" and will look like crud any sudgestions would be great.

stickboy1375

Dont tell anyone, but I've used a plumbers hydraulic bender before.

144206_lg.gif

mdshunk

I bought one of those bottle jack type tubing benders from one of those travelling tool sales tent things years ago. They are pretty handy for little kicks and offsets if you only have to make one for something like offsetting a service mast around a gutter or fascia board. Saves loading up the whole Greenlee rig to make one little thing if you didn't measure it ahead of time to make the bend in the shop.

stickboy1375

mdshunk said:
I bought one of those bottle jack type tubing benders from one of those travelling tool sales tent things years ago. They are pretty handy for little kicks and offsets if you only have to make one for something like offsetting a service mast around a gutter or fascia board. Saves loading up the whole Greenlee rig to make one little thing if you didn't measure it ahead of time to make the bend in the shop.

The one I pictured is only 150 bucks at Northern Tool.

cadpoint

Jerseydaze said:
Here is my problem PSE&G wants me to use 2" Rigid over a roof of a dwelling unit (home)My problem is the faisher is large and juts out about 3" so I need a way to do this .I don't know where in north NJ I can rent a Bender I'm not buying one.versa bar is only 2" and will look like crud any sudgestions would be great.

truck tire ... no I'd hire a roofer, As Said ...

I've used two 45's in an emergency (late call, 3 freezers full of food). It wasn't a house but it didn't look that bad (in the dark anyway).

mdshunk

cadpoint said:
truck tire ... no I'd hire a roofer, As Said ...
I think he's saying that there's no overhang to go up through, even if he wanted to. I run into these from time to time. This is not my work, but here's a couple examples of why you need to sometimes offset a mast:

HPIM0543.jpg

HPIM0542.jpg

electricmanscott

I had never had the need for something like this untill a couple of years ago when I had two jobs at the same time that both needed offsets in 2" rigid.

I had one of the local trade schools do it for me.

CHWflorida said:
I've used two 45's in an emergency (late call, 3 freezers full of food). It wasn't a house but it didn't look that bad (in the dark anyway).

Just to clarify, I meant factory 45's (and couplings).

Status
Not open for further replies.