2 wires under 1 screw w/ pressure plate devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demoh

Occupation
Field tech
I’ve just browsed countless threads about wrapping a wire around a screw going from 1 device to the next being permissible but I haven’t found anything for H or N conductors on devices which have a pressure plate under the screw. I’m not talking about MWBCs nor “passing through” a duplex receptacle.

Even thumbing through spec sheets for the various devices don’t mention anything about it. The ground screws also have 1/2 of the “valley” blocked off forcing you to only have 1 wire under the terminal but H and N do not. Only breakers / ground bars being rated as such but not devices.

Is what I am describing permissible? For visuals here’s what I’m talking about:
HBL5361 using only backwire, feed comes in, stranded under the plate as backwire, a stranded pigtail under the plate of the same screw goes out and to the line side of a switch.
Or 3 DS120 switches, line sides are daisy chained as it’s a back wired device with 2 holes for the pressure plate per terminal.
Or 3 WACD accessory dimmers, Line and load also daisy chained.
If both were solid does that change it? If solid and stranded were mixed under the same screw? I assume the latter violates something, or it should. Normally I’m good at finding references but this has been a long week.

Status
Not open for further replies.