200 v motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

arnettda

Just got off phone with well driller. His pumps are listed as either 200v or 240v 3ph. I have 208V 3ph. What pump would i use. Is the 200v rated for 208. Pump manufacture is closed for the day. 10hp pump.
He also wants to install a yaskawa pump controller. They said they have unit you can feed single phase and get three phase out of. Has anyone used something like this. I have three phase in main buildng but they ran a panel out to a shed 400 feet away and went single phase. Which is where new well for irigation is going.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Just got off phone with well driller. His pumps are listed as either 200v or 240v 3ph. I have 208V 3ph. What pump would i use. Is the 200v rated for 208. Pump manufacture is closed for the day. 10hp pump.
I'd opt for the 200v unit, especially with the long feeder mentioned below.

He also wants to install a yaskawa pump controller. They said they have unit you can feed single phase and get three phase out of. Has anyone used something like this. I have three phase in main buildng but they ran a panel out to a shed 400 feet away and went single phase. Which is where new well for irigation is going.

Phase converters. They convert 1ph to 3ph, but they're not magical: it takes more 1ph current than the 3ph current it provides.

Status
Not open for further replies.