2002 CD ROM vs. 2005 CD ROM

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryan_618

One of the things I hate about the 2005 CD is that the search function is nuch less user freindly. I also think the 2002 had more functionality. So, after spending many hours, I figured out how to open the 2005 NEC with the 2002 NEC program. If you are interested, it can be done by going to C:\Program Files\National Fire Protection Association\NEC 2005\Program43. Once there, open the program called "Views" and you will have it. I right clicked the program and created a shortcut on the desktop to it called NEC 2005, and have been much happier with it. :)

luke warmwater

Re: 2002 CD ROM vs. 2005 CD ROM

Ryan, you really need to get out more. :D
But thanx.
Todd
As a matter of fact, I'm going out now. Later.

ryan_618

Tell me about it Todd. Have drink for me, would you?
icon14.gif

peter d

Originally posted by ryan_618:
Code geeks live a dull life, don't we? :) It takes a lot of hard work and dedication to achieve excellence. I imagine that Edison spent a lot of nights working on the light bulb. To get ahead in this field one must dedicate their life to it.

physis

I still might go out and do somethin'
party-smiley-018.gif
party-smiley-029.gif
but I'm more than 50% thinking about takin' my shoes my shoes off and findin' somethin' on the TV.

luke warmwater

Originally posted by ryan_618:
Code geeks live a dull life, don't we? :)

BTW, Ryan, I had a Mike's Hard Lemonade for you. Sam, you got a shot of Red Death!

The band was good, and there was a 'wardrobe malfunction' in the crowd. :D :D

luke warmwater

Red Death
Ingredients:

Absolut Vodka
Southern Comfort
Amaretto
Sloe gin
Triple sec
Orange juice

Mixing instructions:
Pour all the ingedients in mixing glass with ice. Shake and strain into shot glass(es).

Now if only I had some of that good freshly made sourdough bread from the wharf to go with it.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician

Ryan,
Do you still have to have the disk in the computer to use the 2005 NEC, or can you copy it to the hard drive?
Don

ryan_618

Don,
Because I bought my disk when it first came out, I must still have it in the drive. It is my understanding that the NECH can be copied (on up to 2 machines), but the NEC cannot. What I posted above is simply to make the program a more user freindly one, such as it was in previous editions.
Ryan

physis

Are they making it worse instead of better?

That's just sad. :(

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician

Ryan,
It is my understanding that the NECH can be copied (on up to 2 machines), but the NEC cannot.
I guess, I'll be stuck using the 2002 code as I never buy the handbooks, and won't buy the 2005 CD until I can copy it to the hard drive.
Don

Status
Not open for further replies.