2005 Page Numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
I just noticed something very convenient in the 2005 version. In previous versions, the page numbers appeared at the top of each page, and were in the format of ?70-nn.? The ?70? simply referred to the NEC?s official publication title being ?NFPA 70.? The pages were numbered from 1 through whatever.

The 2005 version still has that numbering system, though it is now at the bottom of the page. At the top of each page is the number of the first article that appears on that page. It?s like a dictionary, in which the first word defined on the page is shown, for quick reference, at the top of the page. You no longer have to sift through page-by-page to find an article. Just look for the closest article number at the top of the page.

Bravo (or Brava, as the case might require) to the editorial staff. :)

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
Re: 2005 Page Numbers

Yep I had this pointed out to me yesterday. A small but nice change. In the 2002 NEC the NFPA put the article titles in a grey text box.
And I noted the bullets are back!

pierre

Re: 2005 Page Numbers

The change is a very good change in my opinion. I am going to try and use the book without tabs for a while,tabs can be a pain. I have had to tape the tabs on my 2002 book as quite a few have broken or been bent.

Pierre

Status
Not open for further replies.