2008 Challenge question

Status
Not open for further replies.

stickboy1375

Pie... what else?

8030.jpg

Ryan
I usually take these challenges, but I have not purchased the '08 yet, as in NYS we will not refer to that document for another 3 years. And NYC will not refer to it for another 2 years (I found out about NYC today from the "top dog").

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
I heard a rumor to the effect that the State of Washington is considering not adopting the 2008 NEC at all, ever. The normal course of events would have had it adopted in July of 2008. I will therefore wait a while before I buy my own copy. So you will have to keep this challenge open until then, or I'll sue you for discriminating against NW residents! :grin:

tallguy

ryan_618 said:
There is one section in the 2008 NEC that will require the removal of abandoned line voltage conductors/wiring methods. Can you find it?
640.6(C), but that's not line voltage... ditto for 645.5(F)

I give up...

raider1

Staff member
How about 725.25.

This requires that the abandonded portion of Class2, Class 3, and PLTC cables be removed or identified for future use.

Class 3 circuits can have voltages as high as 150 volts.

Chris

ryan_618

raider1 said:
How about 725.25.

This requires that the abandonded portion of Class2, Class 3, and PLTC cables be removed or identified for future use.

Class 3 circuits can have voltages as high as 150 volts.

Chris
Chris, you're on the right track, sort of. It has nothing to do with Class 3 circuits, however.

tallguy

chris kennedy said:
645.5(f)...
I already said that one... not line voltage I had presumed, since I was thinking Cat5.

I think you are right though since it includes "power-supply wiring". Can I get partial credit Ryan?

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
Charlie I've heard that rumor too. The state schedule puts the adoption at late 2008. I think they will adopt, there are some good new rules we need such as dropping the limit on 42 circuits in a panelboard

Status
Not open for further replies.