200amp service

Status
Not open for further replies.

zach_zeke

So i have two questions about a 200amp service. It feeds a 100amp panel and a 60amp subpanel in a granny unit in the back. I was wondering how can i split the panel to have a duel meter panel one for the main house 100amp panel and one for the 60amp subpanel for the granny unit.My second question is whats the best panel for this application. The main panel is on the exterior wall of main house.any input would be great thank you.

Stevareno

Another option is to get an aftermarket metering device that can be used to monitor the power use of the second unit.
Downside is you have to keep up with the energy usage yourself (If this is to be a sublet situation).

mlnk

Where I live you can have a two meter service read by the utility if the granny unit is built with a permit. If it is a bootleg unit, as is common around here because the fees for a second unit are over $30,000, then you will need to install an owner read meter. Also , we are not allowed to charge for electricity based on a private meter or an estimate of percentage usage, the apartment must be rented "utilities included"

Status
Not open for further replies.