200lb chandelier

Status
Not open for further replies.

powerslave

I recieved an email from a potential customer who needs a 200lb antler chandelier hung on a 17 foot ceiling. We've never done one that big so I was wondering if anyone can give me an idea about available support methods. Also what type equipment lifts would you prefer for a job like this? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

quogueelectric

powerslave said:
I recieved an email from a potential customer who needs a 200lb antler chandelier hung on a 17 foot ceiling. We've never done one that big so I was wondering if anyone can give me an idea about available support methods. Also what type equipment lifts would you prefer for a job like this? Any info would be greatly appreciated.
I highly sugest reading the installation book cover to cover before install.

SiddMartin

I helped another guy hang one, it was in two pieces. Each piece was like 5' tall, we had scaffold built up, had a pulley at the top and pulled it up with rope. Took 3 guys total. For support, read the installation sheet, I believe we had to frame it out in the attic and bolt through. It was so long ago, I wish I would have took pics

stickboy1375

I've installed many Aladdin Light Lift kits, they go in easy and really do make installing the fixture a snap since you can work on the ground like a gentleman and then just raise the fixture up with a switch.

The cost of the aladdin will easily offset the cost of staging, labor of setting it up and tearing it down, etc, etc, etc....

e57

stickboy1375 said:
I've installed many Aladdin Light Lift kits, they go in easy and really do make installing the fixture a snap since you can work on the ground like a gentleman and then just raise the fixture up with a switch.

The cost of the aladdin will easily offset the cost of staging, labor of setting it up and tearing it down, etc, etc, etc....

I totally agree - but on a few occassions the customer can not see the forest through the trees, and have been forced to arm twist.

Huevos

Never saw one of those light lifts before. Added the web site to my favorites. Thanks, this is a cool forum... :cool:

stickboy1375

e57 said:
I totally agree - but on a few occassions the customer can not see the forest through the trees, and have been forced to arm twist.

:grin: I hear ya, the sticker shock on the unit itself can scare some people off, but in reality it is the only way to go, just replacing lamps pays for itself.

My only grudge on the lift kit is the key switch, all the units should just come with the smartlift controller, not sell it as an upgrade.

growler

powerslave said:
I was wondering if anyone can give me an idea about available support methods. Also what type equipment lifts would you prefer for a job like this? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

The first thing you had better do is go look at the job and see what you are dealing with. Make sure you have room for the lift.

Never price a chandelier until you know exactly how you are going to get that sucker up there and get power to it. :smile:

powerslave

growler said:
The first thing you had better do is go look at the job and see what you are dealing with. Make sure you have room for the lift.

Never price a chandelier until you know exactly how you are going to get that sucker up there and get power to it. :smile:

I agree 100%. I haven't spoken to the homeowner yet as I just got their info last night. I'm sure I'll have to do some extensive investigating on site. If they're willing to pay for it that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.