2011 Analysis of Change PP by IAEI

Status
Not open for further replies.

acwservices

A question to the instructors using the 2011 PowerPoint "Analysis of Change" by the IAEI: In an 8 hour presentation, do you try to use the entire powerpoint, or do you break it out and only use a portion of it? I am seeking approval from NC as an instructor, and was just curius as to how other instructors are presenting the material. Any and all feedback will be welcome. Thanks

Due to the limitations of time most educational review boards understand that the entire process will be edited down for time. There is no way to physically (or mentally I might add) cover all the slides in an IAEI presentation in 8 hours and give it justice. The power points from IAEI go into alot of detail that other power points do not so basically submit your entire presentation and then edit it down as you need to in order to cover the most significant changes to the code.

acwservices

Paul, thanks for the reply- I really appreciate it. That was my thoughts also, to just cover the most relevent code changes in 8 hours, paying special attention to chapters 3 and 4. You mentioned in your reply "other Powerpoints", is there another powerpoint avaialbe besides the IAEI that covers the 2011 changes? I have searched the internet, NFPA, and other sources, but the only pp I can locate is the IAEI. Again, thanks for your assistance.

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
", is there another powerpoint avaialbe besides the IAEI that covers the 2011 changes? I have searched the internet, NFPA, and other sources, but the only pp I can locate is the IAEI. Again, thanks for your assistance.

Have you ever heard of Mike Holt - The electricians training school? His material is far better than the IAEI. I took the IAEI analysis of the changes last year, the book and PP is full of fluff and changes that are not important. Most of this is from the principle author (Mike Johnson) left and is now with NECA. I dropped my membership in the IAEI as well.

I have used Mikes material since 1996. Call Sarina and disuss your options - 1-800-NEC-CODE

JeffD

I think IAEI provides good powerpoints. Mike Holt does also. Last time I tried to order a power point from Mike Holt though I was told they don't just sell individual power points anymore you get it for free if you buy something like 20-25 books. For my purposes that makes it too cost prohibitive when I can get a comparable product from IAEI for $250.

jwelectric

A question to the instructors using the 2011 PowerPoint "Analysis of Change" by the IAEI: In an 8 hour presentation, do you try to use the entire powerpoint, or do you break it out and only use a portion of it? I am seeking approval from NC as an instructor, and was just curius as to how other instructors are presenting the material. Any and all feedback will be welcome. Thanks

One thing to keep in mind is the same contractor or inspector can not take the same class in a three year period. I highly suggest that you have three classes instead of just one.

acwservices

Have you ever heard of Mike Holt - The electricians training school? His material is far better than the IAEI. I took the IAEI analysis of the changes last year, the book and PP is full of fluff and changes that are not important. Most of this is from the principle author (Mike Johnson) left and is now with NECA. I dropped my membership in the IAEI as well.

I have used Mikes material since 1996. Call Sarina and disuss your options - 1-800-NEC-CODE

Mike who?? Of course I've heard of him- in fact I have attended many of his live seminars and own lots of his material. His office was the first call I made when I started looking a powerpoint, but as pointed out by JeffD, he does not offer his powerpoint for sale- you have to purchase a minimum amount of books to receive his free powerpoint, which makes it cost prohibitive in my case.

Status
Not open for further replies.