2011 Florida Journeyman Exam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jared R.

I'm scheduled to take my Florida Journeyman Exam in about two weeks. I've been studying quite a bit over the last 6 months with the use of Mike Holts Master exam prep DVD collection as well as other books. I was wondering if anyone has any advice as to what to focus on for this exam. I have never taken any kind of electrical exam before, so I'm going in Blind. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

hillbilly1

Occupation
Owner/electrical contractor
It's been a long time ago when I took the Florida journeyman, so I don't remember much about it (passed the first time though!) Just go with your instinct, if you second guess yourself, your usually wrong if you change your answer. It's probably still a timed test, so if you have a question that stumps you, move on and come back to it if you have time left over. Good luck!

Ponchik

Occupation
Electronologist
If you have been studying and feel comfortable then just relax and you will do fine. One of the reasons that people fail the test is they are nervous before going in for the exam and stay nervous till they come out.

hillbilly1

Occupation
Owner/electrical contractor
don't know about florida, but tab your book, know your way around it, where things are, and be ready to do electrical calculations in a hurry. be ready for anything.

Some states will not allow you to have tabs, others no highlighting, while others give you their own copy of a code book, but as Pedro said know your way around in the book, knowing where to look saves a lot of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.