2011 version of the X10

Status
Not open for further replies.

wyreman

Occupation
electrical contractor
Hey I have some applications here where I could really use an X10 dimmer, or not, since I hate to have the lights come on when the neighbor opens his garage door opener...

But there must be some new excellant tech that I am unaware of and you guys can help out a fellow wyreman.

So one scenario is a room with a square layout of ceiling cans.
One switch at the door does all the cans but one.
The leftover can has a local control in the corner.

How about a radio controlled switch that does the 8 cans and also a radio controlled relay in the 9th can that will let it tag along with the others.

The 9th switch would then be another radio switch that talks to the main radio switch. The end result is that all nine cans come on from either location.

Radio RA? Maestro radio controlled? Any ideas??

Also what about the scene when you can just only get steady power to the chandelier in an old victorian and could put a relay up there in the tulip with a battery operated switch down at the door. The battery switch to be glued on the sheetrock?

Smarthome.com or what would you say ?

Tanks alot!:cool:

hillbilly1

Occupation
Owner/electrical contractor
I havn't had a problem with the X-10's activating with the neighbors garage door, in fact they don't want to come on with the controllers either.:mad: I have had to replace three controllers in three months, the power connection to the controller does not make good connection, and will not transmit on battery power only. Transmisson when it does work is flakey at best. Got to be a better system out there!

wyreman

Occupation
electrical contractor
troubleshooting tool

troubleshooting tool

I havn't had a problem with the X-10's activating with the neighbors garage door, in fact they don't want to come on with the controllers either.:mad: I have had to replace three controllers in three months, the power connection to the controller does not make good connection, and will not transmit on battery power only. Transmisson when it does work is flakey at best. Got to be a better system out there!

I have an expensive troublshooting signal meter for those things from 1990 something and ... you can have it!

Status
Not open for further replies.