210.12 b

Status
Not open for further replies.

MBLES

we have a customer remove wiring in order to replace damaged wooden studs. the wiring is intact but needs to be ruffed back in. The wiring is not damaged and we wont be replacing devices or boxes. all they want is permit and wiring reinstalled. The devices are located on outside walls and only a couple of rooms are affected by this. They only removed devices from exterior walls no other devices affected. would this bring 210.12b into affect.

my boss is trying to teach me to bid projects, any idea how I should do this? this company wants everything line itemed. any help will do. Thanks

al hildenbrand

Occupation
Electrical Contractor, Electrical Consultant, Electrical Engineer
we have a customer remove wiring in order to replace damaged wooden studs. the wiring is intact but needs to be ruffed back in. The wiring is not damaged and we wont be replacing devices or boxes. all they want is permit and wiring reinstalled. The devices are located on outside walls and only a couple of rooms are affected by this. They only removed devices from exterior walls no other devices affected. would this bring 210.12b into affect.

Best bet? This is a judgement call, and the local inspector gets to exercise the "judgement". I'd ask the inspector for the definitive call.

I have two nearby inspectors that would call this out two different ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.