210.63 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minuteman

360Youth said:
I have considered using a variation of these at my a/c's. Anyone had much experience?
Yeah, I have installed those disco/gfi in use combos before. The problem is, you still have to run a 120v and a 240v circuit. (Unless the OCP for the a/c is 20a and you pull a neutral.

IMO, the 25' rule gives me plenty of places to put the gfi.

360Youth

Minuteman said:
Yeah, I have installed those disco/gfi in use combos before. The problem is, you still have to run a 120v and a 240v circuit. (Unless the OCP for the a/c is 20a and you pull a neutral.

IMO, the 25' rule gives me plenty of places to put the gfi.

Thanks. I had not yet checked the specs. I thought maybe there would be a tap rule that allowed it. I will stick with the 25'.

Wiretech

M. D. said:
How about you buy some of them new fangled battery tools?? or use the required outside receptacle and a cord longer than 25',.. hey?,,.. wait a minute ,... if we can do it why can't they???:grin:

Battery operated vacuum pump. Hmmm.:confused: :grin:

cschmid

18 gauge extension cord x 50 ft = voltage drop = shortened life of said battery operated vacuum pump..but charging container requires no electricity at all..cordless screw driver no need for permanent electricity source..wrenchs manual..ahh what the heck lets just save the home owner some cash lets abolish this code and be done with it..beside the neighbors house is only fifty ft away anyway use their power..;) :grin:

M. D.

I know ,.. I,know,.. I was just making a little fun.. I know them HVAC guys were killing themselves with them fancy clip on receptacles:smile: .

Status
Not open for further replies.