220.53 Appliance Load

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the verbage only excludes "Electric Ranges" as far as cooking appliances are concerned, if you have a cooktop, two ovens, and two hard wired 2000va micros, this qualifies for the 75% demand adjustment instead of the adjustments allowed in table 220.55? Also when calculating multiple cooking appliances of different ratings per T 220.55, do you apply note 3 as the total number of appliances added together or each appliance as one and two, then add the total kw after adjustments? IE two ovens = two appliances and one cooktop= one appliance, or are they considered three appliances? Thanks in advance, Don.

benaround

Since the verbage only excludes "Electric Ranges" as far as cooking appliances are concerned, if you have a cooktop, two ovens, and two hard wired 2000va micros, this qualifies for the 75% demand adjustment instead of the adjustments allowed in table 220.55? Also when calculating multiple cooking appliances of different ratings per T 220.55, do you apply note 3 as the total number of appliances added together or each appliance as one and two, then add the total kw after adjustments? IE two ovens = two appliances and one cooktop= one appliance, or are they considered three appliances? Thanks in advance, Don.

Q.1 220.55 must be used for appliances 1.75 kW and over.

Q.2 add them all together, then use column C

It is the code article 220.53 I was questioning first, then for T-220.55, cooking appliances, do you use the row for a single appliance and then the column for the Kw each of the different appliances falls under or do you say OK I have three appliances but of different Kw so I will use the row for three appliances and then the column for whichever Kw each of the three appliances falls under? Thanks, Don.

Status
Not open for further replies.