Status
Not open for further replies.

lmchenry

How would you calculate the HVAC of an existing dwelling unit using 220.83 if you are not adding any HVAC? Having a little confusion with 220.83(A). Do I use the name plate rating of the units that are existing. This particular house is having a remodel of the kitchen done. They are adding several circuits including floor heat but no additional HVAC.

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician
How would you calculate the HVAC of an existing dwelling unit using 220.83 if you are not adding any HVAC? Having a little confusion with 220.83(A). Do I use the name plate rating of the units that are existing. This particular house is having a remodel of the kitchen done. They are adding several circuits including floor heat but no additional HVAC.

I'm a little confused by your question. You say your not adding any HVAC, yet ask if you use the nameplates of the existing. Are you changing out the existing units to the same tonnage/KW??

If not, use the nameplates of the existing.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor

Use the nameplate of the existing units.

lmchenry

This comes from part (A)4 I take it. Do many of you use this method for calculating the load of existing units? Or should I say how often?

Status
Not open for further replies.