240.21 (c)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich Elec.

240.21 (C) (4) Outside Secondary Conductors.
(2) The conductors terminate at a single circuit breaker or a single set of fuses that limit the load to the ampacity of the conductors. This single overcurrent device shall be permitted to supply any number of additional overcurrent devices on its load side.

Am I understanding this correctly. That multiple taps to multiple disconnects direct from the transformer secondary are not permitted? Only permitted after a first disconnect.

jim dungar

Staff member
Occupation
PE (Retired) - Power Systems
240.21 (C) (4) Outside Secondary Conductors.
(2) The conductors terminate at a single circuit breaker or a single set of fuses that limit the load to the ampacity of the conductors. This single overcurrent device shall be permitted to supply any number of additional overcurrent devices on its load side.

Am I understanding this correctly. That multiple taps to multiple disconnects direct from the transformer secondary are not permitted? Only permitted after a first disconnect.
You may have as many sets of conductors that you want, but each set must terminate in a single device.

jim dungar

Staff member
Occupation
PE (Retired) - Power Systems
How could they terminate in more than one device?
By tapping them?
Kind of.
They could not terminate in a MLO panel.
They could not be 'connected' to other equal sized conductors (i.e. connections in a wireway to multiple devices).

Status
Not open for further replies.