240 to 277 transformer

Status
Not open for further replies.

cadyshak36

I have a friend that got a deal on 277volt lighting and he put them in his shop. I found a transformer thats 230 to 276. Common sense tells me it wil be just fine for our aplication. I just want to know if I'm missing anything before I order it.

hurk27

You might want to price a buck boost transformer, this is one place they do their job well and save money, depending upon the load, buck/boost auto transformers can be about half of a regular transformer.

Electric-Light

I have a friend that got a deal on 277volt lighting and he put them in his shop. I found a transformer thats 230 to 276. Common sense tells me it wil be just fine for our aplication. I just want to know if I'm missing anything before I order it.

What kind of lighting? How many fixtures?

xformer

Occupation
Master Electrician

Is this shop at a commercial location or at a residence?? If it is at a residence, then 210.6 A applies

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.