250.32(B)(2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know you guys have been over this many times...but I need some quick clarification on one of the conditions in this code section.

250.32(B)(2), Grounded conductor.
Condition 3, Ground fault protection of equipment has not been installed on the common AC service. (I'm using the NEC handbook).

What constitutes common ground fault protection? Does that mean if there IS ground fault protection in the form of a GFCI circuit breaker in the main building's panel and ground fault protection of any kind at all in the second building that the grounded feeder conductor cannot be bonded to the grounding electrode system...thereby requiring the use of 4-wire feeder? (in this particular situation)?

This is assuming that there has NOT been a separate EGC ran with the feeder to the second building.

[ June 16, 2003, 06:48 PM: Message edited by: jim mccloy ]

brian john

Re: 250.32(B)(2)

The section you referenced refers to GFP ground fault protection of equipment, not GFCI ground fault circuit interrupters. The section (as I read it) says that there if there is no GFP on the common service (the upstream service) then the grounded conductor/neutral shall be re-grounded at the second building, if all the other conditions of the section are met.

Status
Not open for further replies.