Status
Not open for further replies.

JGinIndy

Occupation
Retired Electrician currently County Inspector
Since retiring I have noticed on new Residential Homes the lack of or for better the non existence of an Intersystem Bond / Bridge device provided. This is in the Central Indiana region. Has Indiana amended this out like they seem to do with other requirements? Heck, they are still under the 2008.
Let me know “Fellow Hoosiers”
Thanks

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
Sometimes they are illusive critters.. This one hides under the meter socket
1603584909195.png

Fred B

Occupation
Electrician
We have to provide one, but try to get the cable, phone, satellite company to tie in. I've had one reply "what's that for?".

Buck Parrish

We still use them , just installed one on a big custom home. But , their is no way any body else around here does ( West central Indiana). Their are no inspections here , none. But I do jobs up around Perdue University. The inspections there are so elementary . Electricians still staple wires side by side on a 2x4.
I mean really, No grounding bushings on 4 inch metal conduit, 480 volt under switch gears, etc... I had to special order fire rings, The counter guys at the supply house had never heard of them . I could go on....
I know you guys up north are doing more then the NEC requires, but not here. That's why they need a state license.

But as far as Intersystem Bonding .NEC 2008 250.94 Even in NC sometimes you would see that the cable and phone used their own clamp instead of our 12 dollar one.

JGinIndy

Occupation
Retired Electrician currently County Inspector
Interesting. I retired As Electrical Inspector from the East Coast and moved back to Indy to be close to the grand yungins but I must say Indiana seems to be far behind in code education. I have kept my CEU’s thru 2020 I wish I could help somehow.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.