25kva Loadbreak ells

Status
Not open for further replies.

ty

I have a job to do a bunch of high voltage terminations. Around a dozen load break ells and some transfer switch 6-skirted terminations. All 25Kva rated. Pluse megger a bunch of secondaries.

The local utility won't perform the job, and they are concidering this to be private equipment, but they are requiring the builder use sub that is qualified.
I am the only one qualified to do the install at my company. Others coul;d do the work, but the utility won't allow it. I have no idea why, because this is private, and i can oversee the work, and all lines will be hi-pot tested and meggered.
I cant get all the terminations completed fast enough on my own. So if anyone else near me is qualified to do 25Kva load breaks, please send me a private message.
-Todd

zog

25kVA??You mean 25kV? I sure hope you are not hipotting MV cables, a qualified person should know better. When you say qualified what do you mean? Certified by the NCSCB? That is the only certification that would apply here.

ty

yeah, 25Kv. Kva just comes out sometimes.
My company doesnt do any Hi pot testing, so that would be done by someone else where applicable.
We do megger the wires where required, though.

I can;t get an answer from the utility as to their definition of 'qualified', for some reason.

satcom

yeah, 25Kv. Kva just comes out sometimes.
My company doesnt do any Hi pot testing, so that would be done by someone else where applicable.
We do megger the wires where required, though.

I can;t get an answer from the utility as to their definition of 'qualified', for some reason.

The utility does not want someone that would use common cable where high voltage cable is needed, and they need to know how to terminate the cable, another issue is the insurance for high voltage work is expensive and not many EC's have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.