26kw generator install

mannyb

Occupation
Electrician
How many manhours to deliver install generator transfer switch generator with trenching? I know each install is different but what's an average man hours for 20' or less gas and electrical and is it one or 2 people manhours. Do you guys trench yourself or sub?

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
An experienced installer with a helper can do this job in a day. If also installing load shed modules, you would want two electricians on-site. Once the generator is set, someone needs to be inside installing the modules. I figure a day as 10/hrs, so two men would be 20/hrs.

The only installs that took me more than a day were for liquid cooled when I needed to pour a concrete pad.

mannyb

Occupation
Electrician
An experienced installer with a helper can do this job in a day. If also installing load shed modules, you would want two electricians on-site. Once the generator is set, someone needs to be inside installing the modules. I figure a day as 10/hrs, so two men would be 20/hrs.

The only installs that took me more than a day were for liquid cooled when I needed to pour a concrete pad.
What about the gas portion? Once gas is installed you will have to go back and do start up and most generator installs require gas meter upgrade. I notice alot of installs where they tie into existing gas meter pass the regulator. They should be installed before regulator at meter.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
What about the gas portion? Once gas is installed you will have to go back and do start up and most generator installs require gas meter upgrade. I notice alot of installs where they tie into existing gas meter pass the regulator. They should be installed before regulator at meter.

I don't install gas, and require the customer to have the gas line placed before setting the generator. I will connect the flexible gas line from the generator to the pipe the customer has installed for me.