2mx2m MOTORIZED DAMPER FOR GENERATOR ROOM FOR AN INDUSTRIAL PROJECT IN QATAR

Status
Not open for further replies.

PRNAMBIAR

We are executing a project in Qatar for Qatar Petroleum. There are few generator rooms in this project and we have to install motorized dampers of size 2mx2m in these building.

We have approached many HVAC system suppliers in Qatar and UAE, and all of them informed that they can supply dampers in maximum 1mx1m sections and to meet our requirement we have to use 4 sections. Also the models they proposed does not have any extended linkage to allow the mounting of the motor on the wall. Please guide me to locate a supplier who can provide me a single frame motorized damper of 2mx2m size preferable from middle east.

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
This is a little out of the scope of this forum but, if anyone has any tips please chime in.

Roger

hillbilly1

Occupation
Owner/electrical contractor
We are executing a project in Qatar for Qatar Petroleum. There are few generator rooms in this project and we have to install motorized dampers of size 2mx2m in these building.

We have approached many HVAC system suppliers in Qatar and UAE, and all of them informed that they can supply dampers in maximum 1mx1m sections and to meet our requirement we have to use 4 sections. Also the models they proposed does not have any extended linkage to allow the mounting of the motor on the wall. Please guide me to locate a supplier who can provide me a single frame motorized damper of 2mx2m size preferable from middle east.

I would not use a motorized damper if you need large air volume quickly, I did an install were the engineer specified a large motorized dampers (butterfly type) in front of the radiator of a 1.2 meg generator. They would not open quick enough, and would get bent severly by the suction of the radiator fan. I had to install a time delay on the generator start to allow the dampers to be open before motor started. Customer was not too happy with that, because it backed up a large cell tower and switch site. Never did find out what they ended up doing, whether they just lived with it, or changed out to gravity type dampers.

Status
Not open for further replies.