3 phase connections

Status
Not open for further replies.

bure961

I need some help with wiring a 30 kva 3 phase 480v trans step down to 120/ 208. All my xo bonding is terminated in the trans. on to a multi lug bolted to the trans case. I am using 3 phase wires to the cb in the panel with a neutral and a egc . Is there any other wire connections needed in the panel ?
This a new trans and used as sds .

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
I need some help with wiring a 30 kva 3 phase 480v trans step down to 120/ 208. All my xo bonding is terminated in the trans. on to a multi lug bolted to the trans case. I am using 3 phase wires to the cb in the panel with a neutral and a egc . Is there any other wire connections needed in the panel ?

where is your gec?

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician

This conductor would be a SSBJ (supply side bonding jumper) not an EGC. How did you size that conductor?

kwired

Electron manager
is there any real difference between the function of a SSBJ and an EGC?

I guess I don't deal with it enough to have looked at it that closely.
Difference in function - not really, difference in overcurrent protection that may have to interrupt any fault current carried by the conductor is likely.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
is there any real difference between the function of a SSBJ and an EGC?

I guess I don't deal with it enough to have looked at it that closely.

Generally EGC's are sized according to the OCPD ahead of the circuit conductors based on 250.122. The SSBJ has no associated OCPD so you would use 250.66 based on the size of the derived conductors in the raceway(s).

Status
Not open for further replies.