3 phase mixer 230 volts

Status
Not open for further replies.

rlundsrud

I have run into this very problem on a loom that was run by a PLC/VFD (it was a combo unit). The looms PLC/VFD was shutting down due to high voltage in the very same way. This loom came with a multi-tap isolation transformer that ran the PLC/VFD and control contactors. I re-tapped it to get the voltage within required limits and everything was fine. I am certain this is the case for you.

Ravenvalor

I have a customer with a 3 phase mixer.The name plate says 230 volts the computer keeps shutting down due to high voltage. I believe this to be a power company problem .Meter reads 252 volts .I have never used a regulator any tips apriciated .

Did you check the voltage at several locations? If so and it's high throughout the building you can call the power company and they may change the voltage at their transformer for you. Usually there are several taps on the transformer.

When the voltage is 252 volts on that one leg is it lower on another leg?
You can possibly ask the POCO to check their neutral. If there is a loose connection somewhere you may see a voltage swing where one hot leg will read high and another reads low.

Status
Not open for further replies.