3 phase

Status
Not open for further replies.
The conductor needs to be 125% anyway and you would have to use a circuit breaker rated for 100%, which at 150A is hard to find and it would have to be stand-alone, not in a panel. Using the 125% loading accounts for the circuit being 80% of the breaker rating and rated to protect the conductors anyway.
I'm with rob. Where are you getting this 125% requirement?

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
The conductor needs to be 125% anyway and you would have to use a circuit breaker rated for 100%, which at 150A is hard to find and it would have to be stand-alone, not in a panel. Using the 125% loading accounts for the circuit being 80% of the breaker rating and rated to protect the conductors anyway.

Why does it need to be 125% of the nameplate current is it a continuous load?

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
When I was in USAF basic, we did one KP of each meal. For my breakfast shift, I cracked seven cases of 30 dozen eggs into a huge vat. 210 dozen is a lot of eggs (2,520).

Hv&Lv

Occupation
Engineer/Technician
I love this place...
we went from three phase and how amps are determined to cracking eggs.
about like every Other conversation I have With the guys from work. We’re all over the place also...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

eggs... why are they hoarding these now? Just how long do these people think they will last.
milk also.. c’mon, why buy 12 gallons just because it’s available??

eggs... why are they hoarding these now? Just how long do these people think they will last.

I have been wondering that. I go thru phases of eating eggs and then not eating them (see there is a connection between phases and eggs 😇 ). I was given a dozen of free range eggs by a friend last fall, they have been in the fridge, think they are still good? :unsure:

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
Yes I have heard that. Actually better to not wash them. Momma Chicken applies natural de-ox to them, should not remove.
Did you know it is generally illegal to sell washed eggs in europe? They do not even refrigerate them there.

I routinely keep eggs in the fridge for two months with no real noticable issues.

oldsparky52

I have been wondering that. I go thru phases of eating eggs and then not eating them (see there is a connection between phases and eggs 😇 ). I was given a dozen of free range eggs by a friend last fall, they have been in the fridge, think they are still good? :unsure:
I just wanted to say that a year ago I had eggs from a local person that had some chickens. They were so different than store bought eggs that I felt like I was eating a different product. They were so good, I considered getting an egg laying chicken for my backyard. I decided against it.

Hv&Lv

Occupation
Engineer/Technician
Yes I have heard that. Actually better to not wash them. Momma Chicken applies natural de-ox to them, should not remove.
True. And here we wash them which has been stated, washes the natural coating off them, then we apply mineral oil to them to prevent bacteria from entering.

mineral oil is used in transformers.
look at that, right back to electrical stuff....;):p

kwired

Electron manager
146 amps is on the oven, i wanted to make sure what each phase pulled or does it pull 146 amps per phase?
As was stated:

Why not use the nameplate amperage of 146 amps which is close to the calculated amps of the oven? {51300/208/1.73=143 amps}

Welcome to the Forum. :)

Your nameplate says 146, there must be 51.3 kW heating elements and an additional 3 amps of load for maybe controls, circulating fan, light(s) maybe even a conveyor or some other aux item. Said additional items may only be on one line to neutral, two lines, or even all three lines, but that 146 is the highest of any of the three and your three pole overcurrent device needs to be able to handle that much current on any or all three lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.