30 day metering of a panel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got quoted a ridiculous cost to meter a panel for 30 days. What do you guys think is an appropriate cost for this? I was thinking $2k-$3k was plenty.

I would say 2-3K is indeed plenty as one can buy a logger for $2700. Sorry, I dont have any idea on rates for having the service performed or renting a logger. If you want to do it yourself and are on a budget, check out EKM metering. I have used them for sub-metering applications and found it to be a good, accurate, affordable set up. For $400-$500 you could get one and use it as a logger with their free software.

jim dungar

Staff member
Occupation
PE (Retired) - Power Systems
We are at $125 per week plus installation / removal / report.

This is for a power quality / usage report.

I can guess that Usage requires simple amps and volts measurement. The work scope for PQ is not so easy to guess at.
I think it costs me more than $125/day to rent a 'Dranetz' style PQ meter.

iwire

Staff member
I think it costs me more than $125/day to rent a 'Dranetz' style PQ meter.

We have one Dranetz PX5 and a couple of less capable Fluke recording meters as well.

The company does not actively market those services we end up using them for existing customers for various reasons. The company does a lot of design build work so checking existing loads is common. The Dranetz meter never gets used to its full potential but still generates an impressive looking report when needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.