3000 amp square D breaker problems help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cschmid

newsparky said:
Thank you for all your information and input, this situation has been taken away from our electrical department and now is in the hands of engineers, fine with me! :wink: One arc flash is one too many for me! I called it "small" because my supervisors and I were not burn up....thanks again for all the help!

LOl I can tell you are new sparky because if engineering deptment is in charge just means you will be doing extra work for them..you did not get out of it you just lost responsibility..

newsparky

"LOl I can tell you are new sparky because if engineering deptment is in charge just means you will be doing extra work for them..you did not get out of it you just lost responsibility.."

Good point! Point taken....(smile)

newsparky

This model breaker has been having a lot of problems, they have found if you supply 24 volts to the trip unit it corrects the issues with this breaker, so that is what they did, we have not had any more problems with the breaker. The arc flash, well no one can really know for sure, but it seems as the breaker was showing open when it was still closed as we were taking it out. I am very thankful we were not hurt!

Status
Not open for further replies.