30A RV outlet install question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finch

New User
Occupation
Desk jockey
Hello all,

New member from VA here. I am installing a mini-split on my garage and while I am renting the trencher to run electrical to it, I thought that I might as well run shore power to my camper (parked in driveway) and also install two yard hydrants off my well. :p Funny how one project creeps to a few others! Anyway, I have most of this planned out but wanted to ask a couple questions.

I have a 130' run from my electric panel to where I want to install the 30A RV outlet. See link for outlet https://www.revereelectric.com/4661827/Product/ I have plenty of 10AWG THHN/THWN wire on hand although I think 8AWG would have been better but I've ran my camper on my existing 15A garage circuit just fine albeit a bit of a voltage drop at the camper. I think the dedicated 30A circuit with 10AWG will hopefully suit my needs just fine w/ minimal drop. I really just want to eliminate running an extension cord to my camper to pre-cool the fridge before trips. The 20A outlet will be nice for charging my boat battery or whatever else comes up in the driveway.

• Since I want this box to have a 30A RV outlet and 20A GFCI outlet, will I be able to run (3) 10AWG conductors and (3) 12 AWG conductors in the same 3/4" SCH40 PVC conduit? I am a little unclear on mixing different sized conductors in conduit when referring to the PVC conduit fill chart.

I guess that's really the only question I had for now.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Please try diychatroom.com

This site is designed for:
  • Electrical Contractors
  • Electricians
  • Engineers
  • Inspectors
  • Instructors
  • Other electrically related individuals
This NEC® Forum is for those in the electrical and related industries. Questions of a "How-To" nature by persons not involved in the electrical industry will be removed without notice.

Knowledge and the practical application of the National Electrical Code is an essential part of all electrical installations. If it's important for you to understand the National Electrical Code, then look no further.

To better help us serve you, please be sure to update your account details with your occupation field and location if you have not done so already. You can access your account details by clicking on your account name at the top right of the page when on the forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.