30Hz v. 60Hz

Status
Not open for further replies.

garlicguy

Occupation
Retired
Sorry,

I’m new and “Little Bill” just took this down bc i violated a rule (not being a professional, or electrician, or engineer, etc.)… I’m-a-retired-US Army Engineer!!

Sooo could you (bill) help now instead of stifle me?

… again …

I’ve recently purchased a used 75kW genny, (LP fed 318cid Dodge V8 powered) WinCo (c. 1983).

It’s 60Hz at 3600 rpm.

Can I dial it back to 1800 rpm (for my residence w/no real large amp needs).

V/R
MAJ US Army (ret)

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
I will reopen this thread just long enough to add my perspective.

Not only am I a moderator of this forum (have been for over 20 years), but I am also a retired Navy Commander. So I outrank you on two counts. But I will do you the favor of providing an explanation.

We don't allow the membership to give technical information about electrical installation work to persons not employed in the industry because it could give you an answer to the question you asked, but not to the dozens of other questions you needed to ask but were unaware that you needed to ask. The forum owner does not want to risk your safety or that of your family for not being able to give you all the information that you would need to do the job safely. All we can do is to recommend that you hire an electrician to assist you with your project.

With that, I will close this thread again.

Status
Not open for further replies.