345 kv transmission line distance

Status
Not open for further replies.

yukon997

First let me say thank you to thoses that reply. My question is what is the minimum distance between ground and or transformer case to a 345 kv line ? I have looked everywhere i can think of and can't seem to find any info.

yukon997

345 kv

345 kv

I am looking on there site, but it appears you have to be a member to look into it, and i don't have the spare $40.00 at the moment.

yukon997

I looked on the sight but it appears you have to be a member , and i do not have the spare $ right now . Any other suggestions?

charlie

. . . what is the minimum distance between ground and or transformer case to a 345 kv line ? . .
In my opinion, the NESC says the minimum distance from the top of the transformer to the 345 kV line is 23.2 feet under the worst of conditions (hot day, no wind, and the lines loaded to the maximum capacity) or (ice loading at 32? F, no wind, and the lines not loaded). Put a street or road under the line and the distance goes up quickly. :)

richxtlc

actually the distance is from the top of the transformer bushing to the top of the transformer. You cannot break the ground plane of the transformer.

Status
Not open for further replies.