360* rotating duplex receptacle

Status
Not open for further replies.

stickboy1375

Do those things have built in stops or can they just keep going in circles? If so, I wonder how long the connections will last, nothing worse than rotating parts.

stickboy1375

Never mind, found the info.

Q: How does it work?
A: Inside each 360 Electrical outlet are blade retention ?clips? that hold the hot and common blades and the ground pin of a male plug. At the end of those internal copper clips are tabs that make constant contact with copper bands that encircle the round receptacle drums. With no internal wires, you can turn our sockets in either direction, and whatever you have plugged in will stay powered even if you?re rotating the plug.

stickboy1375

chia-cow.jpg

Rampage_Rick

Doesn't look like that's a standard coverplate either...

"Since 360 outlets have round sockets, you will need a special multi-gang wallplate. These wallplates will be available shortly."

KAAAAA - CHING! $$$

Even better: "Because of the internal design of our outlets, there is no break-off tab for circuit isolation on a 360 outlet. Our outlets can be wired to a switch but the top and bottom cannot be separated."

At least it puts a stop to the stupid ground up/down debate:

install01.jpg

Rampage_Rick

frizbeedog said:
Just make a recep with one ground up and one ground down and bingo! Problem solved.
Leviton beat you to it and one-upped you at the same time with the Acenti line. My wholesaler has had these on the counter for a year, dunno if they've sold any yet...

AC315_W.jpg
ACSR6_W.jpg

And you wondered how to cram 6 receptacles in a 2-gang box... :grin:

Last edited:

LawnGuyLandSparky

Rampage_Rick said:
Leviton beat you to it and one-upped you at the same time with the Acenti line. My wholesaler has had these on the counter for a year, dunno if they've sold any yet...

AC315_W.jpg
ACSR6_W.jpg

With this 6-outlet arrangement, the use of ONE wall wart could deny the use of the remaining 5 outlets.

What they need to do is invent a wall wart that has rotating PRONGS...

bbaumer

I don't think that is a terrible idea but I do worry about its' construction and durability.

In order for me to use something like that in my home and feel safe it would probably cost $100 or more per outlet to make it durable enough to suite me.

I expect though it would have to be pretty el-cheapo be make it sell. Put it on an arc-fault breaker for sure.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Rampage_Rick said:

AC315_W.jpg
ACSR6_W.jpg

And one day the baseboards or walls will look like this

47b8db30b3127ccea9685e5321ee00000026100UaNmbRs1Ys

jdsmith

Rampage_Rick said:

AC315_W.jpg
ACSR6_W.jpg

Did you ask them for a price? I had an architect a while back ask me to get the switch, 3-way, duplex recelptacle, and three cover plates because they were considering them for the whole house. The devices were each $20-25, plus a couple bucks each for cover plates. Needless to say, I still have them if anybody is interested:D.

Rampage_Rick

Dennis Alwon said:
And one day the baseboards or walls will look like this

47b8db30b3127ccea9685e5321ee00000026100UaNmbRs1Ys
Sorry, the biggest coverplate they make is 6-gang...

ACWP6_W.jpg

LarryFine said:
Are those four little black squares in the center ventilation ports???

(Excuse me, five.)
15 Amp
Sixplex Surge Protective
ACSR6
Sixplex Surgee Protective Receptacle 15A-125V, NEMA 5-15R

* Protects sensitive electronic equipment against transient voltage surges
* UL 1449 clamping level: 400V
* Audible alarm for protection status
* Soothing blue LED monitor/indicator

Likely intended for a home theater setup...

Rampage_Rick

jdsmith said:
Did you ask them for a price? I had an architect a while back ask me to get the switch, 3-way, duplex recelptacle, and three cover plates because they were considering them for the whole house. The devices were each $20-25, plus a couple bucks each for cover plates. Needless to say, I still have them if anybody is interested:D.
I just took a peek at their online ordering system and couldn't find any Acenti prices whatsoever. I did however find them at Big Orange (.ca)

Duplex Recept: $9.98
Triplex Recept: $14.98
GFI: $29.98
Switch: $13.98
Dimmer: $39.98
1G coverplate: $6.98
2G coverplate: $13.98
3G coverplate: $19.98

Status
Not open for further replies.