37.5 KVA Transformer hookup

Status
Not open for further replies.

HawkeyeJeker

I have a client that wants to hook up an older 37.5 kva 3-phase, dry, transformer into an existing 400amp 3-phase service. Transformer will sit approx. 60 feet from service inside a building. He needs to know the breaker size, wire size, and conduit size to hook up the transformer. He plans to initially operate 12 - 110 volt receptacles on a 110 side only. My guess is he will want to utilize more on this circuit, otherwise he would not be asking.
Any answers??????:roll:

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
HawkeyeJeker said:
I have a client that wants to hook up an older 37.5 kva 3-phase, dry, transformer into an existing 400amp 3-phase service. Transformer will sit approx. 60 feet from service inside a building. He needs to know the breaker size, wire size, and conduit size to hook up the transformer. He plans to initially operate 12 - 110 volt receptacles on a 110 side only. My guess is he will want to utilize more on this circuit, otherwise he would not be asking.
Any answers??????:roll:

The answer is to hire an EC to do the work for him.

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
petersonra said:
The answer is to hire an EC to do the work for him.
Correct answer. I am closing this thread. Forum rules prohibit us from helping a person who is not an electrician to perform electrical installation work.

Status
Not open for further replies.