400 amp service again

Status
Not open for further replies.

aelectricalman

My newest service is a 400 amp, single phase. I have used a 400 amp meter, 2 disconnects and 2 troughs. First of all, I have kept both feeders seperated in everywhere but in the troughs. Once the 2 seperate sets of feeders leave the service and enter the house, can they exit into the home in the same 3" hole? They are both in a seperate SEU pack and are only clustered together for a brief time, long enough to get through the brick. Or, would I need to create 2 (2 - 2.5) inch seperate holes entering the home. This past submit on the 400 amp service has got me questioning whether it is legal to do so. I can not find any code listing to support why I can not enter them both into the same 3" hole. Thanks for any help.

allenwayne

Re: 400 amp service again

Don`t you mean SER not SEU ?,and why the troughs?
Just trying to see the install in my head.Once you exit each disc. SER to each sub panel Not SEU.Also why do you need a trough to enter the disc`s. ?Why not use Pipe from eve to hub ontop of each disc. or enter rear of disc. from back with a 2 in nm connector through brick from inside residence.

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager

Chris, I don't think there's anything wrong with your installation.

You don't have service conductors and feeders together in the trough, right? Then it's all good. ;)

[ May 16, 2005, 08:20 AM: Message edited by: georgestolz ]

aelectricalman

Sorry Wayneallen, I meant SER. :D It is an underground service. The reason I used the troughs is because of the limited space I had to work with. Sounds funny because troughs actually fill more space. It looks better with the troughs and it is probably not the ideal situation to not have them. If i could figure out how to send a non url picture, I would send one to you.

aelectricalman

Thanks george. No I don't, I just was curious as to if I can place both sets of load side 200 SER cables in the same 3" pvc entering the home. Thanks for help.

Status
Not open for further replies.