400 amp temporary service help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alfont1120

Occupation
Electrical Project Manager/Journeyman Electrician
Thank you in advance for taking the time to read this.

I am an electrical project manager over in RI and I need to put a materials/stock list together for one of our foreman to hook up a temporary service at a job site once he gets back in town. I've worked with the electrical company and we are in agreement that it will be a 400A 120/240 single phase drop over to the meter. My problem is, I come from an industrial background and have not ordered materials for temporary services in the past. I have all the materials and requirements already for the stanchion, but I want to make sure I order the right meter socket/base, panel (will need 2 - 150A breakers plus some spares for temp lighting), weatherhead and related accessories. Any chance someone out there has a materials list for a similar job they've had recently?

cdslotz

Thank you in advance for taking the time to read this.

I am an electrical project manager over in RI and I need to put a materials/stock list together for one of our foreman to hook up a temporary service at a job site once he gets back in town. I've worked with the electrical company and we are in agreement that it will be a 400A 120/240 single phase drop over to the meter. My problem is, I come from an industrial background and have not ordered materials for temporary services in the past. I have all the materials and requirements already for the stanchion, but I want to make sure I order the right meter socket/base, panel (will need 2 - 150A breakers plus some spares for temp lighting), weatherhead and related accessories. Any chance someone out there has a materials list for a similar job they've had recently?

That would vary so much depending on so many factors that we are not privy to

Alfont1120

Occupation
Electrical Project Manager/Journeyman Electrician
That would vary so much depending on so many factors that we are not privy to

What other information would you need? Maybe I should clarify; I'm not looking for assistance for anything from the load side of the breakers in the panel on. Mostly what type of enclosures do people use, combination units, raceways connecting the meter to the panel etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.