400A Breaker-2 Feeders Different Directions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to have someone's opinon on this setup
(1) 120/208v 3ph 4w Electrical System
(2) 400A Breaker in 1200A Sub Panel in Main Electrical Room with Dual Load Lugs
(3) 200A M.L.O. Panel at North End of Plant Fed from above 400A Breaker
(4) 200A M.L.O. Panel at South End of Plant Fed from above 400A Breaker
(5) Feeder Sizes from 400A Breaker to each of the above 200A Panels is 350KCM THHN in to a wireway beneath each of the above Panels, Tapped off 350KCM with 3/0 THHN to Panels

Thanks for any replies,

iwire

Staff member
It is all wrong.

The MLO panels are not being protected

The 350 conductors are not being protected.

A quick fix would be to install two 200 fused switches close enough to the 400 amp breaker to use the tap rules.

Thanks, for the replies, I had a disagreement with personnel at the plant this morning and was told I didn't know and to shut up, other issues he agreed on but the same comments which all of you made he didn't, just wondering if I was right or wrong, I now feel that I was right

Just for your info what started all of this was we had shown this to the plant manager last week and he agreed with us and we suggested installing a breaker module with 2 - 200A breakers and remove conductors from the 400A and terminate to each of the 200A, the head of maintenance found out when he was shown proposal and that started it

Thanks Again,

iwire

Staff member
Sounds like he's the one who made that original decision and doesn't like being challenged because it exposes a weakness in him.

Pretty much what was running in my mind, at the least he was likely aware of it and does not wish to fix it.

cadpoint

Heaven forbid that an EE get involved! :roll:

So where does that leave you after the Chief made their statement?

(not that U even need to answer)

I called the plant manager after I left, told him exactly what happened, I told him that I would type up something explaining everything the best that I could, I have a meeting with him Tuesday morning. He did tell me that if it is wrong it will be corrected and also that he was not doubting what I had told him.

Status
Not open for further replies.