4100 K lamps opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.

DW98

Typically I specify 35K lamps but have a situation where I need a fixture that have 41K lamps installed that is in stock.

Looking for feedback on installation of 4100K lamps in offices, credit unions, etc. What kind of feedback, positive or negative, have you recieved from occupants. I have 4100K lamps in a shoplight at home and don't mind light color or have any glare issues. just wanted to see if 4100 K lamps were becoming more or are common

Electric-Light

Typically I specify 35K lamps but have a situation where I need a fixture that have 41K lamps installed that is in stock.

Looking for feedback on installation of 4100K lamps in offices, credit unions, etc. What kind of feedback, positive or negative, have you recieved from occupants. I have 4100K lamps in a shoplight at home and don't mind light color or have any glare issues. just wanted to see if 4100 K lamps were becoming more or are common

4100 is one of the most common lamps out there. I would spec 841 rather than 741 for superior color rendition. Whatever you do, make sure you use the same type and brand lamps. Mix and match produces ugly color differences.

4100K is the correlated color temperature, so you can have different colors (chromaticity) between 4100K lamps.

TNBaer

I agree with Electric Light. When I was in Maryland/DC 3500k was extremely popular. When I moved to Syracuse I never saw them, I saw almost exclusively 4100k.

Color is a preferential thing. In a large office you'll never make everyone happy. The important thing is to make the owner/property manager happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.