430.109F opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

RCannon

We use a manipulator held by a crane. Power to the manipulator comes from the bridge overhead through a european style plug and recepticle that has 6 wires, 3@480v and 2@110v plus ground. The remote pendant must be in "aux" to power the manipulator . My question is, does the plug and recepticle fufill section 430.102, 430.107 and 430.109 for a "line of sight" disconnect or is this not the case due to 430.109F? The plug is rated for the horsepower of the motor.

Volta

Maybe

Maybe

We use a manipulator held by a crane. Power to the manipulator comes from the bridge overhead through a european style plug and recepticle that has 6 wires, 3@480v and 2@110v plus ground. The remote pendant must be in "aux" to power the manipulator . My question is, does the plug and recepticle fufill section 430.102, 430.107 and 430.109 for a "line of sight" disconnect or is this not the case due to 430.109F? The plug is rated for the horsepower of the motor.

Welcome.

It seems from the discription that the plug and receptacle may comply with 430.102(B).
Is the controller also fed through that receptacle? If so, it may comply with (A).

If the outlet is on the overhead bridge it may not comply with 430.107 if it cannot be reached quickly.

430.109 does not refer to location or line of sight directly. (F) seems to allow your plug and outlet.

IMO from the description readily accessible is the key phrase to consider.

I don't know what this manipulator does, but also look at 610.32 closely to be sure that the disconnect does not need to be "readily accessible from" the operating station.

That phrasing only appears five or six times in the code and I think it is intentionally stronger than "readily accessible".:smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.