460V and 230V Current Draw

Status
Not open for further replies.

goodoboy

Hello,

How do I calculate the current draw for 460V circuit, if the current draw for a 230V circuit is 35amps?

This relates to the attachment model RHO400L44. The data sheets only shows the MCA for a 230V 3 phase circuit and we plan to hook 460V to the unit.

I have the unit here already and the nameplates states 15amp for MCA and I trying to confirm.

Thank you

Attachments

• example.jpg
    example.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 0

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
The answer to that question has been given in your other thread on voltage drop. The MCA is given on the unit nameplate, so you do not need to worry about the data sheet.

Tapatalk!

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
This relates to the attachment model RHO400L44. The data sheets only shows the MCA for a 230V 3 phase circuit and we plan to hook 460V to the unit.
Now you have me confused. The nameplate you posted in the other thread showed a rating of 460 volts. If this is the same machine, it will have been rated by its manufacturer for 460 volts. So why are you looking at a table that gives current values associated with any other voltage value? Again, if this is the same machine, then the nameplate gives a minimum circuit ampacity and a maximum overcurrent protection, and both are 15 amps. That should be all you need to know.

goodoboy

Now you have me confused. The nameplate you posted in the other thread showed a rating of 460 volts. If this is the same machine, it will have been rated by its manufacturer for 460 volts. So why are you looking at a table that gives current values associated with any other voltage value? Again, if this is the same machine, then the nameplate gives a minimum circuit ampacity and a maximum overcurrent protection, and both are 15 amps. That should be all you need to know.

Thank you very much. It makes sense now. I simply use the 15amps on the nameplate to size the wire and overcurrent protection.

:? Sometimes I confuse my self. Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.