500.2 Associated Nonincendive Field Wiring Apparatus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smart $

Esteemed Member
dears.. I cant understand this section 500.2 (Associated Nonincendive Field Wiring Apparatus). please can you make it as simple as possible?
thanks in advance
I'll give it a try...

Nonincendive Field Apparatus may have to?and to some extent, will likely?connect to "incendive" apparatus at some point. This "incendive" apparatus would be considered "associated", but will not be in the hazardous location.

Consider a controller located in a non-hazardous area and connected nonincendive sensors are required to be in a hazardous area. While the controller itself is not classified as nonincendive, the sensor circuit is. The controller would be "associated nonincendive field wiring apparatus".

Adnan Hasan

I'll give it a try...

Nonincendive Field Apparatus may have to?and to some extent, will likely?connect to "incendive" apparatus at some point. This "incendive" apparatus would be considered "associated", but will not be in the hazardous location.

Consider a controller located in a non-hazardous area and connected nonincendive sensors are required to be in a hazardous area. While the controller itself is not classified as nonincendive, the sensor circuit is. The controller would be "associated nonincendive field wiring apparatus".
thanks Mr. Smart. you are always helpful as usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.