Status
Not open for further replies.

PLR

This installation is for a L.P.gas refilling station. Power is being supplied from a 1/2" RMC above ground 20' away with a seal off outside of the boundary.
I have switch and pump supplied by manufacture in a cabinet next to a 1000 gal. L.P. gas tank. There is a explosion proof enclosures
with a switch mounted in the cabinet. There is also a explosion proof junction box wired to a pump motor.The junction box has 3 hubs
being used for the motor.My question that I need help with is can I run liquidtight [sealight]
between the switch and the junction box. Do I need a seal off any were else besides on the RMC at the boundary?
Thanks for any help,the last time I did any explosion proof work was 20 yrs.ago.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
You need to know the classification boundaries. There will likely be both Class 1 and Class 2 areas, the boundary between the two classes will require a seal.

You cannot use sealtight in a Class I, Division 1 area and the motor and maybe some of the other equipment will be in the Division 1 area.

The switch enclosure will likely require seal offs.

Take a look through Article 514

Status
Not open for further replies.